Sunday, May 20, 2018

Scarecrow Harvest Festival preview!

For the past few months, I've been writing and illustrating a book for my son.  He's super into all things spooky and Halloweeny, so this story is all about scarecrows. You may remember some of the sketches I posted a while ago, and the "Scarecrows I Have Known" blog (which is kind of hanging in limbo right now). I wanted each scarecrow in the story to have its own personality and backstory. Eventually, I plan to write up all those backgrounds into their own book with new illustrations. For now, though, I'm focusing on finishing this picture book in time for Halloween.

Here are a few preview pages. While the scarecrows themselves are finished, the background isn't final, though it gives you some idea of what the pages will look like.

 




And just for fun, here are some of the original doodles that these guys are based on.





I'll post more preview pages soon, along with background information and some of my inspirations and influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment